How to Apply
Applications for PGY-1 positions are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Our program number is 1552400C0.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as interview slots are limited.
Requirements for Consideration
- Medical School Transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- Personal Statement
- At least three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 scores (passing within two attempts)
We welcome International Medical Graduates, however we will only sponsor J-1 visas and we require:
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Less than five years since medical school graduation
All PGY-1 positions are selected through the National Residency Match Program. Candidates for advanced positions may apply through ERAS or by paper application.
For further information, please contact:
Academic Education Coordinator
Department of Psychiatry
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center